banks ram-air intake
My 2016 is running the 3.6 Pentastar V6 in my Rubicon. This sees plenty of applications all across the FCA line up. In the Jeep iteration, the numbers look like this: 285HP, 260ft.lb. torque
One of the early mods I did was looking at getting the engine to breathe better. Jeep did a good job with the design of the sock intake unit, placing it high up in the engine bay allowing good water fording capabilities. The replacement intake I chose was the Banks Ram-Air.
The banks unit installs in the same location as the stock unit. This intake also features a tuned "helmholtz" resonator which eliminates engine drone while maintaining a throaty sound.
This intake outflows the stock intake by 63%, allowing more power and fuel economy. Here's a look at the conical filter. Banks states that their the Ram-Air will add +8HP and 11 lb-ft. of torque.
This is a simple unbolt/swap-in upgrade. I saw a 1-2 mpg increase and a small improvement in throttle response. It also adds a nice little growl when you put your foot down. Here's a few more pics...
- Enclosed housing keeps out hot, power robbing air
- Giant filter maximizes high-flow filtration
- Helps engine run cooler
- Accommodates engine movement
- Prevents component damage
- Extends service life and require fewer cleanings
- 5-year Limited Warranty(filter: Lifetime Limited Warranty)
- Gains of +8 HP and 11 lb-ft torque
- Tuned Helmholtz resonator eliminates engine drone
- Dry Air Filter Element
- Emissions compliant: CARB EO D-161-103
Here's a shot of the various filter configurations available from Banks...